Recently, Apple released the first public beta of iOS 12 that is compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models of Apple, allowing the users who are not yet signed up for the Apple Developer Program for testing the software update of its official release in this fall.
Whereas iOS 12 introduces numerous new features, it is mainly designed to work on all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models that can easily run on iOS 11, and the company said that it has only focused on bringing the performance and improvements to both new and old devices.
The iOS 12 beta is pre-release software, so to install the Public Beta on a secondary device is highly recommended for the users. The constancy of the beta software cannot be guaranteed by the company, as it further contains issues and bugs that yet have to be flattened out, so we advised not to install it on your day-to-day device.
However, installing the Public Beta should not even take longer than half an hour, but for installing the Beta, you should first create a backup of your device’s settings and content.
Below we provide you step by step guide, for making downloading and installing process easy for you. The steps are discussing here but try to follow these steps in ascending order to avoid trouble and save your time and steps.
Steps to Create a Backup of Your Device in iTunes
- Click to connect your iOS device to a Mac or PC by using Lightning to the USB cable.
- Click to open iTunes.
- Click on the device’s icon in the top-left corner of the menu
- Click on the “This Computer,” appears under the Backups option.
- Mark the Encrypt iPhone backup option in the checkbox, only if you want to back up your login credentials or any Health and HomeKit data.
- Click on the Back Up Now tab.
- Click on the iTunes option.
- Click on the Preferences option; appear in the macOS menu bar.
- Click on the Devices option.
- Right-click on the new backup file option, and then choose Archive option from the background drop-down
Steps to Enroll in the Apple iOS 12 Beta Software Program
When you successfully backed up your device, then you are ready to download the iOS 12 Public Beta on your device. To do that, you need to enroll your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the free Apple Beta Software Program. And enroll your device with the Beta software you need to follow the steps. The steps are discussing below-
- Click to open Safari on your iOS device and navigate to Apple Beta Software Program.
- Click on the Signupbutton, or sign in if you are already a member of Apple.
- Now, enter your Apple ID credentials and click on the Sign in button.
- Mark on the “I Agree” option, for accepting the terms and conditions of the Apple Beta Software Program, if necessary.
- A Guide for the Public Beta software program will appear on the screen.
- Click to select the iOS option, then scroll down to the Get Started section and click to enroll your iOS device.
- On the Enroll Your Devices screen, with the iOS option selected, scroll down and click on the Download profile option.
- Click on the “iPhone” or “iPad,” if prompted.
- Click on the Allow option.
- Click to Install and follow the on-screen guide for installing the iOS Beta Software Profile.
Steps to Install the iOS 12 Public Beta
Once you are successfully enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program, then you can easily install the iOS 12 Public Beta on your iOS device, as you would a regular software update.
- Click to open Settings app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Click on the General option.
- Click on the Software Update option.
- Click on the Download and Install option.
- Click to Install Now option.
Now, the installation process is completed on your iOS device. And you can use the services of Apple Beta Software Program.