Gone are the days when every individual had a single email account. On an average, every internet user has at least three email accounts for various purposes. Be it work, academic, personal, or even spam accounts for registration at multiple websites, there is a different account linked to each of these activities. And why should one feel shy about creating many accounts? Anyone can sign up on Gmail for free!
However, the flipside to this situation is that you need to keep track of these accounts. This includes remembering all the passwords, checking the mails you receive in each of these inboxes, and logging in and logging out of these accounts depending on your need. Thankfully, Google has made it fairly simple to switch from one account to another, whether you are on your phone or desktop. If you wish to log into multiple Gmail accounts, follow the steps given below:
Accessing Multiple Gmail Accounts on Your Computer
- Open the Google homepage on your browser. If you are logged out of your account, press on the Sign in button located in the upper-right corner. You can add a new account or key in the password of a previously logged in account. After signing in, you will be redirected to the homepage.
- Click on your profile icon (which could either be your profile picture or your initials, depending on your settings). The icon is placed on the top-right corner. In the drop-down menu, select “Add Account.”
- Enter the credentials of the second account and sign in.
- You may repeat steps 2 & 3 for 10 Gmail accounts that you wish to simultaneously log into.
Switching Between Accounts
- Click on your profile icon once again.
- All the accounts that you have added to your default account will become visible in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the name of the account that you wish to use. A new tab will open displaying the inbox of that account.
Accessing Multiple Gmail Accounts on Your Mobile Phone
- Download the official Gmail account from your Playstore.
- Open the app, and you will be prompted to sign into your account. You can re-enter the password of the account that you had previously logged in through, or add an account to sign in through another account.
- Tap on the Menu button of your Gmail app and tap on the name of the account that is logged in from the device.
- Tap on “Add Account” option and enter your credentials.
Switching Between Accounts
- Enter the settings once again.
- All the accounts that you have added to your default account will become visible in the menu.
- Tap on the name of the account that you wish to use to toggle the switch on or off.
- You can only view mails of one inbox at a time.
Your first account becomes the default account and bears the default tag. This will be the first account that you will be signed into when you access any of the Google apps. If you wish to change your default account, you will have to log out of all the Gmail accounts and then sign in first with the Gmail account that you wish to make as default.