Usually, an Outlook email signature is composed of letters. Users can embellish it by coloring or formatting it, but the signature is somewhat bland until you add a graphic. You can even insert a GIF. As a matter of fact, doing this is as easy as creating your usual signature.
Your email signature can impart a powerful message. Your work or personal email signature can create a great marketing opportunity. While text signatures can be compelling, graphics can oftentimes communicate the message in a more efficient and visually appealing manner. Needless to say, you can add images just for fun too.
In Outlook, one can easily add graphics to their email signature. However, keep in mind that the picture should not be too big as it will make the email bulky.
How Can You Insert Graphics to an Outlook Signature?
Microsoft Outlook 2016 to 2010
Here are the steps for adding a picture of GIF to MS Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2010 email signature:
- Open the menu in your outlook account.
- Click on File.
- Go to Options.
- Click on Mail.
- Go to the section for Compose message.
- Select Signatures.
- Click on New.
- Add a name to the signature.
- Enter the text for the signature.
- Move your cursor to the place you want to insert graphics.
- Go to the formatting toolbar and click on insert pictures.
Note: Check that the picture is less than 200 KB so that it does not take a lot of space in the mail.
- Click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Finally, click on OK to exit.
Microsoft Outlook 2007
Here are the steps for adding a picture or GIF to MS Outlook 2007 email signature:
- Add rich HTML to your email and compose a message.
- Compose the signature you want in the mail’s body.
- Move the cursor to the location you wish to add the picture.
- Click on Insert.
- Choose Picture.
- You can now add the picture or GIF of your choice.
- Highlight the whole message by either using the mouse or hitting Control and A keys simultaneously.
- Copy the entire text.
- After that go to the main MS Outlook menu.
- Click on Tools and select Options from the drop-down list.
- Go to the Mail Format tab.
- Click on Signatures.
- Click on New and add a name to the signature.
- Now, proceed to Next.
- Just paste (Ctrl+V) the copied text in the Signature box.
- After that, click on Finish.
- Finally, click on the OK button.
Insert a Graphic To An Existing Signature in Outlook 2007
Here are the steps to modify an existing email signature in Outlook 2007:
- Go to the Outlook menu.
- Click on Tools and select Options.
- Click on Mail Format.
- After that click on Signatures.
- Now, highlight (Ctrl+A) the text, i.e., the signature which is to be edited.
- Copy (Ctrl+C) the signature.
- Press the Escape key thrice.
- Compose a message having rich HTML formatting.
- Highlight the entire body of the composed message.
- Highlight the entire text.
- After that, paste the text.
- Finally, click on Finish and save the edit made.