Microsoft’s OneNote notebook is one of the popular and useful digital notebooks for business to save important data which are the related from the business. It will help you to share the notes on the internet. The first version of OneNote is OneNote 2016 that is released for Microsoft Office 2016, and the notes related to this version are stored temporarily on computer devices. Recently OneNote 2016 has no information about any OneNote related updated for new features, and optionally, it is available for the users who are using locally stored notebooks.
OneNote has a good ability to allow users for sharing any notebook with their friends, relatives, and colleagues. In short, and its promoting multi-user collaboration. It is also providing the grant editing permissions for the people to share notes. The user can view and edit their notes and all they can do any modifications and then it will be updated automatically.
If a user has shared their OneNote notebook on OneDrive, he/she will be able to modify the permissions for a notebook on who can only view them or edit them. In this post, we are providing a step by step process to change permissions for a OneNote 2016 notebook on OneDrive.
Know How to Change permissions for a Notebook on OneDrive?
- To start this process, first of all, you need to share locally stored notebooks on OneDrive before modifying the permissions for who can edit it or only read the notebook.
- Now let’s start the process, to make this move to Start and launch the OneNote.
- Now, launch the shared notebook.
- After that, you need to move to File and then click on the Share option.
- Then click on the Share with People option.
- Navigate to under the option that is called Shared with, select the candidate name and then right click on it.
- Then choose between the two options from the drop-down either to modify the permissions to only view the notebook or edit the notebook.
- Now, choose Can View from the option given to grant only the viewing permission.
- After that, choose Can Edit from the option given to grant the editing rights.
To withdraw the access to the notebook you need to choose the Remove User from the option.
For a related note, OneNote users can invite people in the mail to get the notebook.
You must do it that send an email invitation to the people you want to have as a participant to open the notebook.
If you are trying to invite a people to view notebook then below given steps will help you. These steps will guide you to invite people in a mail to open the notebook.
How to Invite People to see notebook?
- First of all, you need to launch OneNote and then click on the notebook which one you want to share.
- Then go to Files and click on the Share option.
- Move to under the Share with People option and type the names or email address of the candidate you wish to share your notebook.
- Noe goes to the right side of the page and selects the between the two options from the drop-down menu.
- Besides this, you can allow the participant to edit your notebook or only will enable the participant to read or view the notebook.
- One can also add the note in the blank box and click on the Share to send the email invitation.
How to create a link to your notebook?
OneNote is also providing the link creating facility for the users of the notebook. This link can also be shared by the participants among his/her friends so that they will be as well able to see the notebook.
To get a sharing link, you need to follow below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, you need to open the OneNote and then click on a notebook for which you like to generate a sharing link.
- Then go to the File and click on the Share option.
- After that click on the Get a Sharing Link option.
- Now choose the between the options either view link.
- Now the participants able to view the notebook or Edit link wherein the participant is allowed to change the notebook.
- Now click on the Create Link option.
If you want to disable your sharing link, then you can follow the steps which are the mentioned below.
- To do this, you need to go in the File and then click on the Share option.
- Then you need to click on the “Get a Sharing Link” option.
- At last click on the Disable Link next to either View Link or Edit Link option.
We hope that this post will help you to share you notebook with others.